Colourstart can show whether you may be allergic to the hair colour ingredient PPD. It works by exposing the skin to a very small, controlled amount of PPD, far less than is contained in hair colour.
Colourstart should only be used by those aged 16 or over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product
Do not use Colourstart if you:
• suspect or know that you are allergic to PPD or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (See section 6).
• if you have active dermatitis on your skin (e.g. redness, swelling, itching)
• have previously experienced an allergy to hair colorant
• if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
• if you are taking oral or topical steroids and other immunosuppressant medicines
• if you have a temporary black or if you have had any reaction to a temporary black henna tattoo in the past
How to use:
Please read all of the patient information leaflet for full instructions:
Download patient information leaflet
• Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children
• Store below 25 °C in the original package
• Use by the date on the foil pouch containing the patch
What Colourstart contains:
p-Phenylenediamine ((PPD) 65 micrograms, ethanol, povidine 90
Warnings and precautions: sensitisation:
In rare instances, you may become allergic to the PPD present on the Colourstart patch. This is also a risk with exposure to hair colorants containing PPD. Any reaction which occurs at the site of where the patch was applied, approximately 10 days later, may be a sign of contact sensitisation. If this happens talk to your doctor or pharmacist and DO NOT use hair colorants if this happens.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you require further advice regarding use of this product or in deciding if it is suitable for you.
Patient Information Leaflet